Golden Globe Gorgeous!
Here at Flair, we love, love, love award show season! The red carpet always gives us such amazing inspiration for bridal and bridesmaids’ styling, as well as our own personal styling! All of the Flair girls got together last night (via a massive group text) at 6:00 PM sharp for the start of the season; The Golden Globes! As our Facebook followers already know, each Flair gal had a different choice for best dressed (click here to follow us and see our picks!) and we LOVE that it turned out that way! We each have a unique sense of style, and as a group, we bring a diverse style perspective to our brides and bridesmaids!
There is one thing that we all could agree on though; there were some fabulous trends on the red carpet that will translate perfectly to the 2014 wedding season (and beyond)!
1) High slits – Thinking of a long dress for your bridesmaids, but worried about them being too warm? A slit is the perfect solution; they can look hot while staying cool!
Elsa Pataky in Paule Ka (yes, we did choose this photo in part because of Chris Hemsworth). Photo credit: Jason Merritt/Getty Images
Dessy Collection style 2879. Hello gorgeous!
2) Sleeves – No longer does a sleeve scream matronly; tons of stars (Olivia Wilde! Camila Alves! Emma Watson! Julianna Margulies!) rocked a sleeve and looked young and fresh at the same time!
Julia Roberts in Dolce & Gabbana. We weren’t 100% sold, but atleast it’s different! Photo credit: JasonMerritt/Getty Images
Jenny Yoo’s Gabby dress with a delicate flutter sleeve; so romantic!
3) Color blocking – In the past, if you wanted to incorporate a second color into your bridesmaids’ dresses it meant one thing; a sash! While that is still true, there are also new, modern ways to incorporate color!
Sandra Bullock in Prabal Gurung. Photo credit: Jordan Strauss/ Invision/ AP
Yes this is my wedding but it’s not a shameless plug, I swear! After all, we did color block our Lynn Lugo dresses :)
4) Slicked back hair – While we’re not sure if we’ll see many slicked back gals in this year’s wedding photos, we have to admit, it’s a cool, new way to keep the hair out of your face and show off your gorgeous makeup!
Jessica Chastain in Givenchy. Photo credit: Jason Merritt/ Getty Images
5) Bare necks – While we had 6 totally unique best dressed choices, they did have one thing in common; bare necks! Many stars decided to forgo the somewhat over-done statement necklace for the next big thing; a statement earring! We predict many bare necks with statement earrings in wedding photos this year!
Emma Roberts in Lanvin. So clean and chic! Photo credit: Jason Merritt/ Getty Images
While we try to remain neutral about fashion choices (to each her own!) our Golden Globes recap just wouldn’t be complete without atleast a mention of some of our least favorite dresses. Just for fun:
1) We wish our TV had some “blurred lines” over this gown.
2) This gown needs to head back to “Nashville.”
3) This gown is a “big bang” mess.
4) Even a “Charlie’s Angel” couldn’t save this dress.
That’s it! Now we want to know what you liked (and didn’t like)! Can’t wait to hear your picks!!
Happy award show season! XO
Stacey, Jaime, Joy, Madison, Hilleary and Lindsay