Belts with Bling: A Bride’s Best Friend!
In honor of our AB Ellie trunk show this weekend, we’re dedicating this week’s blog to the benefits of a bridal sash/belt. Considering one? We think you should because:
1) They are a relatively inexpensive way to take your dress over the top – Fall in love with a dress that is a little on the simple side? A bridal belt is an easy, fun way to add detail without breaking the bank! Or, if you’re worried that your dress budget won’t get you all of the bling you’re seeking, don’t be afraid to choose a clean, chic dress and pop on an intricate belt. Likely that will be much less expensive than choosing a gown with the bling already built in!
2) They truly make a dress your own – Unless you’re Duchess Kate, you’re probably not going to get your dress custom made. So, that means that the gown style you choose will be worn by other brides too (Shock! Horror!). It’s kind of unavoidable, but one way to make your dress unique to you is by adding a belt! The chances that another bride wearing your dress also chooses the same belt – slim to none.
3) They add detail and drama to the back of your dress – We hear this complaint a lot: “I love the front, but the back of the dress is a little boring.” Sash to the rescue! Whether it ties in a fancy bow, or if the bling continues all the way around, a bridal belt is a great way to add some pop to the back of your dress! Cue the oohs and aahs as you walk down the aisle!
4) They make your waist look super hot – A nicely fitted belt/sash does wonders for bringing in your waist. Enough said.
5) They can start a tradition – Every bride has that secret wish that their daughter will one day wear their wedding dress on her own big day. However, we all know that that doesn’t happen too often. Instead, get a timeless, sparkly belt and have that ready to pass along to your girl. Her something old can come from your something new 🙂