Flower Girl Dresses
Fresh, new ideas for the little lady in your life!
1. A young girl at a wedding ceremony who precedes the bride and carries or scatters flowers in her path.
Alternate definition: A young girl who has a strong chance of stealing your thunder.
The wedding day is all about the bride – oh yeah, and you too, grooms 😉 – but if there had to be a second in command, it would be the flower girl. She’s cute – almost too cute – and the wedding can’t start without her. She’s basically a mini-bride. She sets the tone for your own walk down the aisle, so you definitely want her happy and excited. How can you ensure that? Well, with little ones there’s never a guarantee but if you dress her right, she’s probably going to jump at the chance to hit that aisle and strut her stuff. Check out these fresh, new ideas for flower girls and get your little lady runway (i.e. aisle) ready:
1) Redefine “flower” girl – Flower petals are the classic, standard accessory for flower girls (duh), but they’re not always practical. If your ceremony is outdoors, they’ll probably end up flying all over the place. Not to mention the fact that flower girls are notorious for either not throwing the petals at all, or dropping them in huge, random clumps. Not exactly the delicate scattering of petals you were hoping for. You can avoid that by giving her a modern, unique item to carry. Try a clever sign, or what about a big, bright balloon? And that chic parasol? We’re swooning!
2) Give her happy feet – A comfortable kid is a happy kid, so get her started off on the right foot with some cute, yet comfortable footwear. Mini Uggs, cowboy boots, Toms, or even Hunter rain boots are sure to be met with ooh’s and ahh’s from your guests as well as your flower girl!
3) Get her ‘do just right – While we are obsessed with the flower crowns we’ve been seeing for brides, bridesmaids and flower girls alike, it’s time for some new alternatives. We love this lace headband. Lace is so very bridal and therefore perfect for the big day! Also, every girl loves some bling, so why not adorn her top knot with some sparkle? And for the little diva in your life, a mini-veil is an accessory that’s sure to make her feel special and wow your guests!
4) Dress for success – Gone are the days of simple white dresses with a color coordinated sash. There are tons of adorable, modern dress styles for your flower girls! Jenny Yoo has numerous options that are sure to set your girl apart, and they even go along with the hot, new trends we’re seeing in bridal gowns. Lace, sleeves, colors; there’s something for every girl’s taste!
Whatever you choose, make your flower girl feel special and she’s sure to walk the aisle with a smile 🙂