I’ve been there, learn from me…
Hi pretty brides! I’m sure all of you 2011 brides are in stress central right? I was there approximately 1 month ago and you’ll get through it, I promise. I just got married on July 23 and it truly was the best day of my life. The feeling of having (almost) everyone you love all in one room is so overwhelming (in a good way!) and amazing. There’s nothing like it! So, keep that in mind as you do those last monotonous things. It will all be worth it in the end! I’ve come up with some tips to help you through the end of your planning process.
1) Don’t sweat the small stuff: I know, it’s much easier said than done but really try to live by this mantra. Practicing what I preach: my bridal gown had little organza flowers on the skirt and people kept stepping on it which pulled some of the flowers off. This is not an excuse to go all Jeckyll and Bride all over said guest(s). My exact quote was “whatever!” Seriously, by the time your day gets here you’ll be so happy that stuff like that just doesn’t seem to matter anymore.
2) Have a photo plan: The time you have between the ceremony and the reception goes by in warp speed. If you go in without a plan it’s going to pass you by and all you’ll have to show for it are a few cheesy posed shots that no one really likes. Know where you want to go and what groups of people you want photographed. Also, if time allows definitely save time for some photos of just you and your honey. It’s a nice way to relax a little and make it just about the two of you. It is your day, after all!
3) SLOW DOWN: As anxious as you are to get married, take your walk down the aisle slowly. I sped through mine and it was tough for my photographer to get good photos. Whoops, fail, etc.
4) Cheers!: Plan ahead and have some bubbly waiting for you and your bridal party after the ceremony. It will loosen them up a little for the photo session and it’s a great excuse to have people toast to you and tell you how fab you are.
5) Girls night!: Don’t plan ANYTHING to do the night before the wedding (besides the rehearsal/ rehearsal dinner of course). Spend your last single night with your best girls. If you’re anything like me and my friends you’ll end up gabbing and doing those cheesy dance moves that you can’t do in front of your fiance. Well, soon you can because you’ll be married and he’s stuck with you no matter what…
where are those bridesmaid dresse from!??
They are from our store!! Flair Bridesmaid Boutique!! Lynn Lugo is the designer!!