Making your Bridesmaids Feel Special
Be the Beyonce of Brides (aka the best)!
When you get to a certain age, it seems like your whole life rotates around weddings. When’s that shower? Where’s that bachelorette? We have HOW many weddings this year?! Not to mention when you’re a bridesmaid in one (or more) of those weddings. After the first one or two times being in a bridal party, the shine can wear off a little. So, when you get engaged, remember that while it’s your first time as a bride, it’s probably not your friends’ first time being a maid. Make your wedding stand out (and earn yourself an A+ bride rating!) by doing some special things for your girls throughout the process:
1) Ask them in style – The first interaction your bridesmaids will have with you as a bride is when you ask them to be in the wedding party, so do it right! You don’t have to go crazy (a Bridesmaids style invite complete with live butterfly is not necessary); a simple, chic, personalized card is a timeless approach that is sure to have them saying “yes!”
2) Plan a get together – Kick your wedding planning off with a bang by organizing a fun event for your girls! This is especially important if your bridesmaids don’t all know each other; it’s your job to facilitate the getting acquainted process. Take a cocktail making class, plan an outing at a local vineyard, indulge in a spa day…the list of possibilities goes on and on! It will be fun for everyone and it’ll show your girls that you care, which will get them excited to help you plan for the main event!
3) Take their opinions into account – This is a good idea across the board, but especially with their look. Think about creating a special “bridesmaids’ style” Pinterest board and give them access to add to it. Then, use their ideas as a jumping off point for your dress shopping trip. They will respect that you have taken their preferences to heart and will end up looking and feeling better for it!
4) Give them a shout out – The rehearsal dinner is the perfect time to make your love for your bridesmaids’ known. Most of the important people in your life will be there, so calling them out specifically is sure to bring a tear to their eye and earn you major bride points (and make up for that inevitable bridezilla moment that every bride has).
5) Be the wedding morning maven – By the day of the wedding, your bridesmaids will have done a ton to help you, so it’s time to let them know how much you appreciate all of their hard work! Order room service, bring in their favorite coffee, pop some champagne and create a fun, stress free getting ready environment full of gratitude!
6) Take your photos over the top – If you have time, talk to your photographer about doing special portraits with each of your bridesmaids. Also offer to have their significant others involved. If they can walk away from your wedding with a professional photo with you and their hunny (maybe even their families!) they are sure to remember you as the bride to beat!
Whatever you do, always remember that your bridesmaids’ whole lives are not dedicated to your wedding. Stay involved in what’s going on in their lives too and make time for non-wedding talk. Trust us, you’ll probably want to get your mind off the big day every once and awhile too 🙂