A White Tie Affair!
It’s that time of year again….our annual Met Gala recap!
We have to admit, last year’s punk theme left us a little disappointed BUT this year’s Met Gala theme of “white tie” left us drooling! Now THIS is the drama and glamour we have come to expect from fashion’s biggest night. Here are the trends that we caught:
1) Deep V’s – For those of us without an ample bust, a Deep V is a comfortable yet sexy top to choose! It creates a nice, long line, giving the wearer a slim and sleek appearance. Need proof? Check out one of our favorites, Lea Michele, in Altuzarra. We all know she’s a teeny meeny, but this Deep V adds some length to her tiny frame. Gorgeous! Jessica Alba (in Diane Von Furstenberg) and Dianna Agron (in Miu Miu) also rocked this look to perfection!
Get the look at Flair with Amy Kuschel’s stunning Elle gown; it’s the perfect mix of timeless and sexy!
2) Ballgowns – With a white tie theme, we knew there were going to be lots of dramatic ballgowns in the house! Some of our favorites included Sarah Jessica Parker in Oscar de la Renta (did you see his signature on the train – amazing!), and Hayden Panettiere in the amazing bridal designer, Dennis Basso. The gold medal in ballgowns goes to Karolina Kurkova in Marchesa though. Talk about a showstopper! We love the floral detail, which is totally on trend this season!
Get the look at Flair with Amy Kuschel’s Eureka gown; a lightweight yet voluminous tulle ballgown.
3) White – Again, the white tie theme kinda gave this one away. White is always a classic, especially now that we’re into Spring. Victoria Beckham rocked a simple but stunning white dress of her own design (and her handsome hubby looked smokin’ hot in his white jacket) while Rhianna’s Stella McCartney ensemble showed us the edgier side of wearing white.
Get the look at Flair with Jenny Yoo’s gorgeous Vivienne gown. While white may seem like a given in a bridal shop, not every gown is available in a true, winter white like this one.
4) Crop tops – We all know that crop tops are HUGE in ready to wear fashion this season, but we loved seeing them on the red carpet as well! Anne Hathaway looked classic and cool in Calvin Klein Collection and Anna Kendrick was young and modern in J. Mendel, but our favorite BY FAR was Emma Stone. The fashion darling looked absolutely stunning in her bold Thakoon ensemble. One of the best of the night!
Get the look at Flair….well, we’re working on it! Crop tops haven’t made it to the bridesmaids’ world yet but you can DEFINITELY get those stunning shades of pink here 😉
5) Zac Posen – Zac was definitely the designer to watch last night! He dressed tons of a-listers (Dita! Maggie Q! Arizona!), and even hit the carpet himself in a pretty amazing cape. We caught some themes in his designs, including the mermaid silhouette as well as belts and bows; all things we LOVE in the bridal world!
Get a Zac Posen approved look at Flair with Amy Kuschel’s Clover gown (check out that amazing, built in belt) and Pearl gown, which features a gorgeous fit and classic, bridal bow.
Until next year, fashionistas! xoxo