Trunk Shows:The Cliff Notes Version
Trunk Shows: The Mystery Explained!
“Trunk show”; it could mean so many things. Is it a show that takes place in/on a trunk? Or maybe a show about trunks? What about elephants? They have trunks! Maybe they have something to do with it…
We get this question all the time; what exactly is a trunk show? The short, fabulous answer is that it’s a big ol’ sale! The trunk part comes from the fact that originally designers would roll into these sales with a trunk load of merchandise to sell. These days it’s more like a huge box dropped off by UPS/FedEx, but you get the gist.
Here’s what you need to know:
1) A trunk show only lasts a limited time, typically just a weekend.
2) As most boutiques do not have the space to carry a designer’s entire collection, a trunk show is one of the only times you can see everything they have to offer all in one place.
3) The buying process is the same as always; you try on the samples and then we order you a brand new dress in your size, at a discounted price!
4) The discount being offered is only available that weekend, so be ready to commit or risk missing out on the sale price!
5) We typically only have 1 trunk show per designer per season, so when you see your favorite designer pop up on our schedule, jump on it! Oh, and act fast; trunk shows always book up WAY in advance.
That’s it! Now that you’re a trunk show pro, keep an eye on our social media for Flair’s upcoming trunk shows. We look forward to trunk showing with you soon 🙂