Wedding Morning To Do List
Make your last hours as single lady stress free and smooth!
My twin sister is getting married this weekend! It’s safe to say that planning her wedding has taken over our family’s life for the past few months (or more), and I mean that in the best way possible. It has been amazing working on projects together, and even tackling hurdles together. Because our (yes, our; I feel like this wedding is practically my own, ha!) planning time is coming to a close, I could only think of one thing when it came time to write this week’s blog: the morning of the wedding. Yes, totally selfishly I wrote this blog about the one thing I have left to plan/worry about. But I figure wedding morning to dos are something everyone needs to know about, right? Here are some tips for making your last hours as a Miss stress free and fabulous (and cross your fingers that I remember all of these tomorrow):
1) Food is your friend! Nerves and excitement tend to tell us that we’re not hungry but it’s super important to eat something before the main event. After all, you’ll need tons of energy for all of that dancing and schmoozing! In the days before, find a place nearby that makes a dish that you love and will want to eat no matter what, and assign someone to go pick it up for you. For my sister, it was a simple sandwich. Like all brides, she has been trying to eat healthy prior to the wedding day, and I know she’s going to be so excited to eat that sandwich guilt free! Oh and don’t forget the H2O; dehydration is not your friend!
2) Set the mood. The vibe in your getting ready area should be light and fun! The room should be filled with the music you love and the people you love, oh and a bottle of champagne or two won’t hurt 😉 Have someone in your life that tends to cause you stress? Find a nice way to make sure they are otherwise occupied the morning of the wedding. It’s all about what you want, and what makes you comfortable, so you can focus on getting aisle ready!
3) Let your dress breathe. Likely your dress will have been cooped up in a bridal bag for safe keeping, so the morning of the wedding unzip and set her free! Letting the gown hang loose for a few hours before the ceremony will allow it to settle and de-wrinkle a bit. Also, having a steamer nearby for any stubborn creases is never a bad idea!
4) So fresh and so clean, clean – assign one of your bridesmaids to tidy up your getting ready room. Most likely your photographer will be taking some photos there, and no one needs to see your guilt free burger wrapper! Another thing to clean – your ring! Make sure that baby sparkles in your shots!
5) Lastly, make sure your emergency kit is packed! Flats, Band-Aids, Advil, bobby pins, breath mints, tissues, touch up makeup, a brush and a nail file are just some of the must haves. Decide what’s important to you and put it in the kit! Also, be sure to have your phone fully charged and ready for all of those congratulations texts!
Tell us – was there something else that made your morning special and smooth? Let us know, and I’ll be sure to pass along any tips from our getting ready experience 🙂